5. Hard Crackers in Hard Times by Jim Whiting -- an explanation of why thousands of men have had to eat maggot-riddled crackers.
6. Presidents by the Numbers by Cheryl Harness --You already know something about our US presidents, but we bet you don't know who was the fattest. Dig deeper into presidential trivia with Cheryl Harness.
7. How to Extinguish a Fire with a Bag of Potato Chips by Vicki Cobb. Help! Something's on fire. Grab the potato chips! Confused? Vicki Cobb will explain.
8. Earthquakes on the Mississippi? by Jan Adkins. We expect earthquakes in California and an occasional shake in the Midwest, but along the Mississippi River? Jan Adkins' description of the nation's strongest earthquake may shake you up.
9. How Do You Become a Writer? Ask Charles Dickens by Andrea Warren. Andrea Warren taught herself to write -- but she does acknowledge having some help from Charles Dickens.